🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » client not replying
Page options
mahaks15
Community Member

client not replying

hello

I have been working on my first project. and its an hourly based one and its been 3 weeks now.

client is not replying to my messae regarding work. I dont understand what to do ? neither I want to unnecesaarily bill my client nor I want to end contract just like that. But my time is also important. 

please help .

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Mahak S wrote:

hello

I have been working on my first project. and its an hourly based one and its been 3 weeks now.

client is not replying to my messae regarding work. I dont understand what to do ? neither I want to unnecesaarily bill my client nor I want to end contract just like that. But my time is also important. 

please help .

You should not record hours when you are not working. The client likely will dispute them and win, since you don't have relevant screenshots and memos. 

When a client does not respond, do nothing until he contacts you again. Meanwhile, apply to other jobs. 

Clients are not required to reply.

If I have been assigned to do tasks, then I will work on those tasks and continue to send the client update messages. It does not matter if the client replies or not. I still get paid for my work.

If I have COMPLETED the tasks, then I will send one message only telling the client I have done so, and asking if he has a new assignment for me. I might even recommend what should be done next.

But then I stop.

If the client doesn't send me any new tasks, that is fine. Then I do nothing for that client. But I'm busy working for other clients.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths