🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: client not responding, milestone it activ...
Page options
gurjeetkalsi
Community Member

client not responding, milestone it active, shall I submit files?

Recently got a project and I spent 3 days with the client on making her designs; and changes and amendments she wanted. later working after 3 days, she just sent me a reply that 'his main boss/client is not liking it'. I asked her to send me new specifications and I am ready to make amendments, she said she will be back in some time, but did not appear yet for last 2 days.

when everything was designed on specific information... and all amendments being done for 3 days as per her requirement.

now she is offline and did not come online for the last two days... shall I submit the files?

will it affect my JSS or ranking ??? will I get the full amount or only escrow milestone?

My main point is not money but not getting low score here as I am new to Upwork, so ranking/positive feedback really matters, till now I have a 5-star rating from all the clients, only this is my first client who is not responding now...

is it normal here on Upwork? how to avoid such clients ? or secure our ranking..

please guide.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prachi163
Community Member

Re: now she is offline and did not come online for the last two days... shall I submit the files?
The client will get back to you when she wants to. Don't continuously drop messages for her. (If you are doing that.)

Re: will it affect my JSS or ranking ??? will I get the full amount or only escrow milestone?
JSS might get impacted if the client leaves a poor feedback and/or closes the contract without paying you anything at all.
If you submit the files, you can only get the amount in escrow. That is, if the client does not dispute.

Re: is it normal here on Upwork? how to avoid such clients ? or secure our ranking..
It's normal for clients to take anywhere between a few minutes to a few days for getting back to the freelancers with feedback on work submitted or notes on revisions required.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gurjeet,

If you have completed your work you will need to submit it on the milestone created for you. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

if the client does not come back, will it affect my JSS?

prachi163
Community Member

Re: now she is offline and did not come online for the last two days... shall I submit the files?
The client will get back to you when she wants to. Don't continuously drop messages for her. (If you are doing that.)

Re: will it affect my JSS or ranking ??? will I get the full amount or only escrow milestone?
JSS might get impacted if the client leaves a poor feedback and/or closes the contract without paying you anything at all.
If you submit the files, you can only get the amount in escrow. That is, if the client does not dispute.

Re: is it normal here on Upwork? how to avoid such clients ? or secure our ranking..
It's normal for clients to take anywhere between a few minutes to a few days for getting back to the freelancers with feedback on work submitted or notes on revisions required.

Thanks, Parachi for the complete guide and insghts.

Regards

Gurjeet

lucioric
Community Member

You need to have some patience, else the client will give you poor feedback. I know one gets sometimes deperated with money, but with the time one is able to pretend higher budget milestones or to get hired to hourly jobs (my prefered).
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths