🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: client problem
Page options
elijah_guangco
Community Member

client problem

Greetings! 

Question #1

So i'm video editor and i create explainer videos. as a new member to upwork i few had successful jobs and recieved excellent feedback, but recently i had a client who ask for my source file that i used for his video?

but i told him that i provide only video and not with source files. what should be my best answer for him?

Question #2

He also somehow abusing the revisions like asking for many versions of the video. is that even fine?

I want to know what is the best respond and action for it, before i put the matter on my own hand, 

sorry for bad english

any help would be appreciated, thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems about this contract, Elijah. 

I'm not sure how to answer question 1, because I'm not familiar with video editing. 

To answer question 2, both parties are obligated to abide by the terms agreed at the onset of the job, unless they agree to change the terms at a later date. If a client asks for additional work that you and the client never agreed to, the freelancer has the option to decline the work and close the contract.

Additionally, a freelancer is not required by ToS to work on a milestone if he/she didn't agree to it. The client needs to get the freelancer's consent first before adding a new milestone. If the freelancer doesn't accept the added milestone, they can reject it by terminating the contract.

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

@Elijah G wrote:

1)  as a new member to upwork i few had successful jobs and recieved excellent feedback,

2) but recently i had a client who ask for my source file that i used for his video?

1) Did you? There isn't a single job or feedback listed on your profile.

2)  Why would you not want to give a client the source file?

rverang
Community Member

@Petra R wrote:

1) Did you? There isn't a single job or feedback listed on your profile.

2)  Why would you not want to give a client the source file?

It could be his friend's account again (judging from his previous posts)

Smiley Sad

yes, i am helping a friend. sorry i did not point it out.

Hi, sorry i'm just helping a friend, i forgot to point that out.

this is his statement. he said he doesn't know how to contact upwork support, so let me instead.

#2 we agreed that i will just submit him a work of the video editing and not the source file. i'm just asking.

@Elijah G wrote:

Hi, sorry i'm just helping a friend, i forgot to point that out.

this is his statement. he said he doesn't know how to contact upwork support, so let me instead.

#2 we agreed that i will just submit him a work of the video editing and not the source file. i'm just asking.

Yeah. I don't get it though.

Can I be your friend?

Something's not right.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths