🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » confirm/prevent automatic payments
Page options
f8863f2a
Community Member

confirm/prevent automatic payments

Hi all!

I would like to ask how can I prevent automatic payments. I would like to review the payment before it is actually done. There should be a similar feature, or?

Thanks!
Leonidas

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Leonidas,

Thank you for this suggestion, I'll be sure to share it with our team. After setting a payment schedule, your earnings will automatically be released based on the schedule you have set and the balance limit (i.e withdraw earnings after they reach $100). However, you can withdraw your earnings whenever you choose by clicking the ’Get Paid Now’ option. Please check out this article for more information.

~ Bojan
Upwork
f8863f2a
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

thanks for the reply. I am not talking about earnings, I am talking about "client" account. So its "paying". Once the hired freelancer applies the charge, I get charged immediately without authorizing/confirm the transaction!

Hi Leonidas,

I checked your account, and it looks like you are working with freelancers on an hourly contract. For hourly contracts, you are automatically invoiced for the hours the freelancer logs. Standard hourly billing is logged via your freelancers' Work Diaries. You'll receive one invoice each week for your hourly contracts on Upwork.

• Every Monday, you'll be invoiced for the previous week's hours based on your freelancers' Work Diaries.
  • Your default billing method will be charged automatically for the balance due.
  • If you need to file a dispute, you must do so by Friday of that week.

Please check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f8863f2a
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thank you very much. I appreciate your response but I figured out that indeed that's how it works. I am just surprised that the only control/confirmation from my side is already at dispute level. It would have been nice, every monday I get a notification about pending payment, and I have some days to review the transaction/check my account balance and then approve the transaction.

regards,
Leonidas

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths