🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » connect back
Page options
rehan921188
Community Member

connect back

Can we for instantce include a note within our cover letters to ask clients to decline our application if they hires someone for his job in order to get our connects back ? 

3 REPLIES 3
colettelewis
Community Member

RANA M wrote:

Can we for instantce include a note within our cover letters to ask clients to decline our application if they hires someone for his job in order to get our connects back ? 

Why on earth would you want to do that? You can put anyting you like in your cover letter, but your suggestion is the most negative I have yet seen, and in any case would not get your connects returned. 

You will get your connects back if Upwork delists a job because the client has  violated the ToS, or if the client actually cancels the job without hiring. This does not mean if the client disappears. 

There is also this  latest communication about connects,  but it is ambiguous at best: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/New-test-to-refund-Connects-on-no-hire-contracts/td-p/...

labeeb-mirza
Community Member

Why would you really do that? I mean this will affect your proposal negatively and would create a useless impresion on the client. I would suggest that either send a proposal with full effort and passion collectively blended and poured into it and trust me this works. Before any other thing what you need to do is be motivated enough and apply to a job with full hope, infact the confidence that you will get the job no matter what, if you are new and have less job experience, be convincing enough for the client to be shortlisted. 

By asking for rejection so that you can refund your connects is a blunder I would not want you to make. That automatically creates a losing impression in it self. Be confident and be positively charged full of passion thats how you approach a client and hope for the best!

Best of luck man.

prestonhunter
Community Member

If a client hires someone else, then you don't get your connects back. So it does not matter if the client formally declines your proposal, or simply closes the job posting.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths