🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » contact info
Page options
res417
Community Member

contact info

I am new to this and I received a response from my first proposal.  They asked me to email them using their gmail account.  I did and I think that is not how this is supposed to work.  Am I correct?  

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Rachael S wrote:

I am new to this and I received a response from my first proposal.  They asked me to email them using their gmail account.  I did and I think that is not how this is supposed to work.  Am I correct?  

No, you are allowed to email them. I just don't find it neccessary to have any conversation or contact outside of upwork, but that's just me. In any case, be careful!

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Have you ever worked as an independent contractor before?

To understand "how this is supposed to work", read the information UW provides for new FLs. There are discussion threads pinned to the tops of several forum pages, and there is a wealth of information available in the Help and Support section of the site. 

If you are new to Upwork, beware, scammers love to scam newcomers. Stay safe, tell them that you only work through Upwork, as there's no need to do otherwise.

They can send you most documents using Upwork, they have to pay you through Upwork... as you can see, there's absolutely no reason to start giving them your email address.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths