🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » contract on telegram
Page options
amarquitectura
Community Member

contract on telegram

Good morning, a client asked me to sign a contract agreement he sent me on Telegram, is this normal?

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Alessandro M wrote: is this normal?

Not unless you have already been officially hired with an official Upwork contract in plce.

Unless that is the case, you are violating Upwork's terms of Service just by communicating with any prospective clients outside of Upwork.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Normal for a scam. 

PradeepH

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. I have forwarded your report to the relevant team to review and take action for the TOS violation. 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you
Pradeep

Upwork
amarquitectura
Community Member

Thank you I will report it on the job offer

pgiambalvo
Community Member

It is not allowed, but it is now increasingly normal for this to happen as scammers are not being stopped from posting and sending invites as much as they were in the past.

926ae8c2
Community Member

I have a similar question. Is it normal for clients to tell you to add them on telegram for further communication?

Hi Shereez,

Thank you for your message. Requesting to contact outside before the Upwork contract is considered a TOS violation. Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths