🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » contract
Page options
c14bd00d
Community Member

contract

I have submitted a proposal and it was accepted through email but i don't see it in my profile, other than it shows as 1 active job. The agency has developed an entire contract for me to sign. We have made revisions and corrections. I have not signed it yet. They want me to sign it so they can show it in the Upwork system. On my last job, it was offered and I had to click accept. That hasn't happened. I am concerned because 1. they initially asked for my address.  I declined and they inserted city and state. 2. the latest most updated document (finalized but unsigned) was sent in a format so that I could digitally sign it. This is a company out of New York, but when I checked the properties of the document it states that the company is University of Memphis. The agent for the client says upon my questioning, they have no ties to the University of Memphis(in my home town). I've tried yesterday to ask questions of your team with no success. I am very concerned at this point. Can you investigate this prior to my signing this contract? Is this out of the

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Angela,

I checked and it looks like you do have an active contract at the moment! Always check that you have an active contract with a client before starting any work, you can check this by going to My Jobs.

Clients generally don't need your address. Moreover, unless you already have a contract with the client, it would be against the TOS for them to request your contact information, which includes your physical address, with them. There are some exception, however, such as NDAs for example.

Lastly, please know, Upwork provides Optional Service Contract Terms but the freelancer and the client can agree to different or additional terms as well.

Hope this information is helpful!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths