🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » copy paste in proposal
Page options
5aebe3b8
Community Member

copy paste in proposal

Hi,

I am very new to the Upwork. I would like to double check the information I heard on a webinare recently abot writing proposals. 

Is it true that if I use ctr-C and ctrl-P while writing in the proposal window, it will never reach the client. I am a video editor and sometimes I would like to refer to a work I have already done and paste a YouTube URL of the video., but I am worried that the whole proposal will never even reach the client.

Thanks

Stevan

11 REPLIES 11
itsrashad
Community Member

First I copy and paste cover letter from prevous applied job.

Then read carefully current job where I want to apply and edit cover letter to matching the job description...

And then some point of Q/A for additional to organic application...

I am asking to seniors is this ok and is it will be reach to client....?

Perfect 

petra_r
Community Member

@Stevan L wrote:

Hi,

I am very new to the Upwork. I would like to double check the information I heard on a webinare recently abot writing proposals. 

Is it true that if I use ctr-C and ctrl-P while writing in the proposal window, it will never reach the client.

That is complete nonsense! No such thing would happen and you should tell the holder of the webinar to stop spreading complete BS.

That said, people who use copy pasted proposals may get contacted by Upwork, although obviously "reusing" bits is OK.

Stevan, you have to change your profile picture to a "proper" photo of yourself, as your current one is a violation of the terms of service and could get you in trouble.

5aebe3b8
Community Member

thanks for the answer petra. 

I will deffinitely change my profile picture, thanks for mentioning it

Hi,

Can I use some common repeated text like about me or about my skill in proposal by copy paste?
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Stevan,

Usually, freelancers are advised not to use the same generic proposal for all jobs by copy pasting it because it rarely results in winning jobs. The client will still be able to see all the applications, but well-written proposals that specifically address questions, concerns and requirements the client shared in the job post have proven to be more successful.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria

abhishekjha123
Community Member

Hi Abhishek,  

If you need any assistance, please feel free to post it here in the community and we'll gladly help you.  Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jefframlee
Community Member

I always copy/paste points from the job description that I want to talk about in my proposal. So I don't have to keep scrolling up and down to re-read the job.

Which is why I find it pretty annoying that the mobile app doesn't allow you to copy/paste job descriptions. And when I go back to refer to it - everything I had already written gets wiped clean.

So if I can't get to my computer and I see a job that interests me. On my mobile, I screenshot the job description. Then with no other option - jump back and forth between screenshot and cover letter.

6c478d82
Community Member

Hi,

Is it true that if I use ctr-C and ctrl-P while writing in the proposal window, it will never reach the client. I am a video editor and sometimes I would like to refer to a work I have already done and paste a YouTube URL of the video., but I am worried that the whole proposal will never even reach the client.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths