🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: desktop app login fails
Page options
seifelislam
Community Member

desktop app login fails

Hi, I can't login using desktop app and got "invalid username, email or password", although I can login with the same credintionals on website.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seif El-Islam,

Can you please try using your username if you were trying to log in with your email address, and let us know if you managed to log into the Desktop app?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

65 REPLIES 65
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seif El-Islam,

Can you please try using your username if you were trying to log in with your email address, and let us know if you managed to log into the Desktop app?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

thank you for your replay, Now I tired to login with my username and password on desktop but got the same error message. I can login in website using username or email. is it a bug ??

I have the same problem. Regardless of wheather I use mail or username, I am still unable to login through the desktop app (no problems when going thro. It brings back "Invalid password", or "Log in through the browser". I've reinstalled the app 2 times, and it doesn't fix it. Any help is appreciated.

Hello Dragan,

Please log in to our website first before logging in to our desktop app. If the problem still persists, please let us know. Thank you.

Untitled

Thanks for the reply. I tried that, but it does not help. I use Windows 10 and updated Mozilla Firefox. I also removed the cache, then I logged on through the main site, but it did not change anything.

Hello Dragan,

I have escalated your concern. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly.

Untitled

Thanks, I've managed to go pass it by. I am using different browser (Microsoft Edge) to log in, so I guess my firefox created the issue. Anyway, thanks for your concern.

Hi,

I am getting error while try to login into the app

Screenshot_1.png

Hi Anshul,

I've escalated your issue to the support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a ticket to help resolve this.

~Nina

Hi Nina, having same issue and tried every method in the thread to no avail. Please help. Thanks! Thalassa

Hi Thalassa,

I'm sorry about the trouble you're having wit the Desktop App. Are you getting an error message whenever you try to log in and log your time?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes, see below

Hi Thalassa,

Unfortunately, I am not seeing any screenshot or attachment to your message. Could you please check? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks Marie. I already tried uninstalling/installing the app twice (current and beta versions) and restarting my laptop . Also logging into the desktop site first on 2 different browsers and then trying to log into the app. Nothing so far has worked. My computer is a Mid-2012 Macbook pro on Catalina. 

Hi Thalassa, 

Could you please try logging in to your Upwork account through a browser? Please go to your Settings page > Connected Services, and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in with your Upwork account credentials to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I already did that and it didn't wrk. However, just heard back frm tech supprt and they sent me this and it wrked! After I deleted the file, I downloaded the app againScreenshot from December 10, 2019 11_27 AM.png. Thanks! 

It's good to know that this has already been resolved, Thalassa. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thalassa,
This was helpful, thank you.  If anyone is interested in how to get the "Go to the  Folder" prompt to show up you can press command + Shift + G.  Also make sure you completely empty those just deleted items from your trash.  Thanks again, this solved my issue.

Thanks! This worked for me.

I am unable to ligin on desktop App

Hi Saqlain,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps shared here? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c763b1a0
Community Member

Could you please try logging in to your Upwork account through a browser? Please go to your Settings page > Connected Services, and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in with your Upwork account credentials to see if the issue persists. 

-Avery

My Reply::

I was having issues logging into the desktop app. This worked for me. Thank you!

soniarts
Community Member

Hi Avery O,

I am unable to login on upwork desktop app. please help

Everything i tried but nothing worked.

Hi Sonia,

Please try reinstalling the desktop app. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, you can follow our additional troubleshooting steps Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
soniarts
Community Member

Hi Jonne Marie P,

I am unable to login on upwork desktop app. please help

Hi,

I am getting error while try to login into the app

Hi Hetal,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Please turn off the Upwork Desktop App, and log out of the Desktop App by going to your app's Settings. 
  2. Open the Terminal app
  3. Run the following command - mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}
  4. Restart the Upwork Desktop App

If this doesn't resolve your issues, please update this thread and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same issue.. for the past week. I have reinstalled the app, also. I am also logged in to the account on my browser. Not sure what to do. 

Thank you 

Hi Brittany,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have faced some problem to login Desktop App. Please help me.

Hi Touhidur,

I've escalated your problem to our support team and they will reach out to you directly to further assist. Thank you

~Nina

To add to this thread, I have the same issue and on top of that the window will not expand. I am on Windows 10 using hrome. 5-30-2018 7-14-44 AM.png

Hi Laura,

This is a known issue that our engineers are looking into, in the meantime  please try to uninstall the current version that you have and download and install the beta version at the bottom of this page as a workaround.

~Nina

I found that when the screen was tiny and all you could see is a small box for IS or email, and you hit Enter, you get the error message that your username or password is incorrect.  However if you hit tab it will then move to the password box.  Then you can enter your password and hit the login button. 

Laura, thanks for your answer! I've been waiting for the customer support to solve this problem for two days and could not work in the meantime. They couldn't do anything with this. Thank you sooo much for sharing the solution! Hope this will help not just me.

Thanks a million, Laura. Problem solved!

Hello,

i have the same problem please help me!

issu.jpg

Best regards,

Mohamed

Thank you Laura, the problem solved

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths