🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » desktop app login fails
Page options
seifelislam
Community Member

desktop app login fails

Hi, I can't login using desktop app and got "invalid username, email or password", although I can login with the same credintionals on website.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seif El-Islam,

Can you please try using your username if you were trying to log in with your email address, and let us know if you managed to log into the Desktop app?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

65 REPLIES 65

Mohammad what did you do for it to work? Please help. Thank youuuuuuu

I am having the same desktop app login error, Please any help. Error Message

"Please use main site and unlock your account"

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emmanuel,

Could you, please, refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Jocelle, been trying to chat you up for months now to no avail. I have a cousin in Manila too and I would like to talk to you very urgently. Really need your help. Thanks. You can send me an email please at **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Same problem bro...

Hi Rashedul,

Please do refer to the troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

Getting this message "

Couldn't sign you in
This browser or app may not be secure.
Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in."

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jaanus,

One of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket and further assist you with this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I'm on a Mac. I cant login with the desktop app either. I get this message wem I attempt to login "

This browser or app may not be secure.
Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in."

Hi Yusef,

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Our team will keep you updated regarding this issue directly via your existing support ticket.

We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork
amragaey
Community Member

Hello,

I'm facing the same issue. I can't login on the app in MacOS. And I'm already logged in from Chrome.

Is there a solution for that?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Amr,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I have been logging in from browser everyday but from last 2 days I'm facing issues with Desktop App.

First of all even after providing login id, I'm asked to login from my Google Account. But while filling up Google Account details, the page gets stuck at "One moment please..." and it keeps on loading.

Attached herewith a screenshot for your reference.

Hi Mitul,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. Once you`ve done this, try to log in to the Desktop app. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, that worked for me!

Hello, 

Whenever I try to log in on the desktop app through my google account it just spins and spins and never redirects me. I have uninstalled and installed each version of the app available for windows and still nothing. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maggie, 

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists.

~ Avery
Upwork
5dbf3031
Community Member

I tried that as well (I have the same issue as Maggie). Unfortunately that doesnt help.

Hi Scott,

Could you please share a screenshot from the desktop app? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Capture.PNG

When I try to log in on (windows 10 64 bit standard download) Upwork desktop app, it just loads my Gmail login forever with no error message. 

Hi Nathaniel,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Vladimir G,

I am unable to login on upwork desktop app. please help

marrouchi
Community Member

Solved :

rm -rf ~/.Upwork/

Thank you! I am using Ubuntu and this worked for me. 

soniarts
Community Member

Hi, 

I am unable to login on upwork desktop app. please help

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths