🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: do I lost connects for a submitted propos...
Page options
dmitri_kozlov
Community Member

do I lost connects for a submitted proposal if a client does not respond

Hello

I am just starting with upwork. Each time I submit a new proposal, I need to use a certain number of connects per single proposal. For example, a project requires 6 connects. Here is my question:

If I submit a new proposal for the project with 6 connects and the client does not respond say for more than a week, do I lose these 6 connects? Could you please help explain how connects work when a client does not respond. 

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Dmitri K wrote:

Hello

I am just starting with upwork. Each time I submit a new proposal, I need to use a certain number of connects per single proposal. For example, a project requires 6 connects. Here is my question:

If I submit a new proposal for the project with 6 connects and the client does not respond say for more than a week, do I lose these 6 connects? Could you please help explain how connects work when a client does not respond. 

Thank You

You don't lose connects. You pay with them for the chance to apply to jobs. Upwork returns connects in rare cases, such as when the job post violated terms of service. Then there is the option where you bid on job postings, here connects are returned when your proposal does not win, and the client hasn't looked at it, or something. This is too complicated for me to explain. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths