🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » duplicate contract
Page options
cmwiseman77
Community Member

duplicate contract

Dear Community,

I am sharing my frustration and hoping I can get some help. For my first or second job on Upwork, there ended up being two contracts--I think the client was trying to change the due date since it took her a while to hire me and the milestones were not accurate. Anyway, I think I turned one milestone in on the first contract and finished on the contract with the corrected date. However, my JSS has plummeted. She never could figure out how to get rid of the first contract, and it shows no feedback and me closing it. The contract that was "good" shows that she appreciated my work--nice review and 5 stars.

Is there anyway you could look into fixing this? I have done appreciated work, but have also had clients new to Upwork who didn't close the contracts or leave feedback. I didn't know I would be penalized if they weren't closed by the client so I ended up closing them.  I have shot myself in the foot and can't get any work with a 76% JSS! Right? I feel horrible because my clients appreciated my work, and I think I was working toward a good thing. I want to stay on Upwork, but really it won't be worth it if I can't get past this.

Frustrated,

Charlotte 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Charlotte W wrote:

I am sharing my frustration and hoping I can get some help. For my first or second job on Upwork, there ended up being two contracts--I think the client was trying to change the due date since it took her a while to hire me and the milestones were not accurate. Anyway, I think I turned one milestone in on the first contract and finished on the contract with the corrected date. However, my JSS has plummeted. She never could figure out how to get rid of the first contract, and it shows no feedback and me closing it. The contract that was "good" shows that she appreciated my work--nice review and 5 stars.

So you were paid under BOTH contracts? If so, they are not the reason for your JSS being what it is.

Charlotte W wrote:

I didn't know I would be penalized if they weren't closed by the client so I ended up closing them. 

You are not. It is irrelevant who closes the contract.

In general there are 2 main factors that hurt your JSS:

1. poor private feedback

2, Contracts which never lead to any money changing hands.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Charlotte W wrote:

So you were paid under BOTH contracts? If so, they are not the reason for your JSS being what it is.

Charlotte W wrote:

I didn't know I would be penalized if they weren't closed by the client so I ended up closing them. 

You are not. It is irrelevant who closes the contract.

In general there are 2 main factors that hurt your JSS:

1. poor private feedback

2, Contracts which never lead to any money changing hands.

Ok--I received a milestone under each. So all I can think is the private
feedback---how can I see that? It is hard to believe---both clients have
been positive when contacting me...

Thank you for checking this...but I did get money under both contracts and super good feedback under one--noe under the other because, as I said, they were the same job. 

I checked all my other jobs, and unless I as a freelancer am not allowed to see private feedback, I see no private feedback at all. Please help! I do not know how to improve on Upwork if I don't know what went wrong. This seems like something isn't adding up.

Thank you for helping me with this.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths