Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: lionbrige

Florence P Member Since: Mar 8, 2017
1 of 5

hello

im french

my first job here was to answer a **Edited for Community Guidelines**

i did the work yesterday (register 1000 frenchs sentences loud) and since i have no news from them

and no message or payment promess on upwork ?

is it normal?

has somebody the same probleme?

they say they worked gor google ans needed 2000 persons for this program?

thank you for your help

florence

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 5

Florence, I looked at your profile and I do not see any jobs in progress so I think you worked without a contract and will  not get paid. You can ask the client to hire you but if they intended to hire you they probably would have hired you already. There are many dishonest clients at Upwork that pretend to represent large companies to trick freelancers into working for free, and I think that's what happened to you.

Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
BEST ANSWER
3 of 5

Florence,

You were probably scammed.

Unless you had a formal contract with your client on Upwork, with the price agreed either for an hourly (tracked) job or as a fixed-rate job with the agreed amount, funded into escrow, you will not get paid. 

It is against Upwork's terms of service to accept payment off site. Before applying for any more jobs, you need to get to know how Upwork operates. This is a good place to start: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#U264214

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
4 of 5

No, I think the job is real.

Google used to have its own Private Talent Cloud on UW, I was a member.

Then they decided to 'outsource' their jobs to an Australian company, who in turn 'outsources' - on Upwork.

The payment is a lot worse than before - but the job sounds legit to me.

Google used to fund $0.01 and pay up later. Maybe their subcontractor's subcontractor follows their lead?

5 of 5

Armadas of sub-subcontractors of the Australian company flood Upwork with duplicate job offers. Numerous invites... I have started to block each new client who comes along with this kind of job offer. Some of those job offers also include that freelancers should acquire new participants outside of Upwork (family, friends and even children). 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS