🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » experience level
Page options
520aa961
Community Member

experience level

Hi all

I am new to Upwork and I am unable to decide what level of experience I should select. I'm an expert, in graphic design, and I have a strong portfolio.

I'm also an Upwork rising talent and finished one job, which one is better for me Entry Level or Intermediate Level?

Please help.

Thank you.

Best regards
Md Harun

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

My suggestion: your experience should reflect your experience off the platform, as well as on Upwork.  Certainly you are above Entry level.  Also, I would suggest raising your rate and redoing your profile without all the fancy punctuation.  Initially, the client only sees the first 2 lines of your profile so use that to sell yourself.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
elisa_b
Community Member

So, that would mean 0 projects = novice, 1 project = intermediate, and 2+ projects = expert?

The level of expertise is influenced by several factors, not just by the number of projects completed. No one can tell you which jobs you should apply to, it's up to you and your common sense.

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

My suggestion: your experience should reflect your experience off the platform, as well as on Upwork.  Certainly you are above Entry level.  Also, I would suggest raising your rate and redoing your profile without all the fancy punctuation.  Initially, the client only sees the first 2 lines of your profile so use that to sell yourself.

Hello Mary, how are you doing?

I need assistance finding work because my account has no views. I apply for jobs but never hear back, how can I improve.

I hope you dont mind  reviewing my profile and letting me me know what you think in all sincerity.

Thank You

thanks for your advice

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths