cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file downloads

Janet G Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
1 of 5

I have just got my first job offer.  The client attached a file  **Edited for Community Guidelines**.  My antivirus will not allow a download of this file.  Has anyone encountered this sort of problem before?

2 of 5

Actually I just tried it again.  The file is  Workingsoftware.exe

Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
3 of 5

No way I would download that software. It sounds like you are a victim of a scammer. 

4 of 5

Thank you Amy for the quick response.  I was wondering and beginning to think it probably is a scam.   Being my first offer of a job I am anxious to get started and if it is a scam that is very disappointing.  Also I received a message that said I could start working right away but there was no invite sent just the message.  Does Upwork not screen these things?  I was thinking that they probably are looking to work outside of Upwork which I don't think is a good idea.   How do you normally have files sent to you?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Janet,

We'll have the job you are referring to reviewed and actions taken. Please note that it's important that you are officially hired and have an active contract before you start working. Check this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS