🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: first job on upwork
Page options
techieshalini
Community Member

first job on upwork

I am new to Upwork. Please suggest me how to get the first client. I want to start working but how to get attention of clients for someone who is absolutely new like me.

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shalini,

Welcome to Upwork! In order to help you find success, I've reviewed your profile and have some suggestions:

• Your profile Overview is written in third person. Consider revising this to first person. This helps form a connection with Clients and ensures them they are dealing directly with you.
  • Consider revising your Overview to focus more on the services and outcomes you offer, rather than the skills you hold. Clients don't always know what skills are needed to get their project done. It's important that you detail what outcomes you can provide.

Here are some articles that you may find helpful:

Great use of the portfolio to show your certificate! There are many ways to use the portfolio for non-visual fields and this is a great example.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike
filezsitenew
Community Member

Hi Shalini,

Try to keep a routine of bidding at least 1 hr a day on projects that suit your profile, be sure to have a powerful cover letter  and attach similar work. That should be a good start!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths