🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: first job
Page options
594b0200
Community Member

first job

Welcom Community!! I am new to upwork.com and would have a question. I had my first job(fix price) that I have done and accepted by my employer. He later indicated that there was no more work at the moment. The contract has been open for quite some time without any movement at work. I wrote to him I hope the work I did was good, I want to close the contract because I need his valoration but he doesn't answer and even the money didn't arrive on the balance(in review status). It’s not a big batch (only $ 6), I just would like to understand how to proceed in such a case. Can I close the contract too? Can I wait until he pay?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

4 REPLIES 4
muradali111
Community Member

Hi Csilla,

When the clients hire you, they submit the amount in escrow. Once the task is complete, they release the amount by approving the milestone. If it was approved, the amount should appear as Pending in the Report section of your profile and should be avaialble to withdraw after 5 days.

If they have not approved the milestone, you can ask them to do so. If they already have, you can end the contract as there is no point keeping it open for a long time.

Thanks!

prestonhunter
Community Member

Csilla:
This is very simple:

1. You were hired for fixed-price contract. Client funded escrow payment: $6

2. You did the work.

3. You cliecked the "Submit Work & Request Payment" button.

4. Upwork released the payment to you AUTOMATICALLY. The money is now in your account. (Or the client released money to you manually.)

If this is NOT what happened... then it means you did something wrong, and what is important now is that you ask questions here in the Forum to clarify your understanding and make sure you know how to use the system correctly.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Csilla F wrote:

Welcom Community!! I am new to upwork.com and would have a question. I had my first job(fix price) that I have done and accepted by my employer. He later indicated that there was no more work at the moment. The contract has been open for quite some time without any movement at work. I wrote to him I hope the work I did was good, I want to close the contract because I need his valoration but he doesn't answer and even the money didn't arrive on the balance(in review status). It’s not a big batch (only $ 6), I just would like to understand how to proceed in such a case. Can I close the contract too? Can I wait until he pay?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

It sounds as if very little time has passed since you sent the work. If the client does not approve the milestone, you will get paid automatically in 14 days. Try to avoid ending a contract yourself at all cost, you should always let the client do that so that you receive feedback. Only if the client is MIA forever, end it, but do it strategically (not many at the same time). 

Thank you very much for your helpful reply.
In the meantime, exactly 14 days have passed and I received the reference
today.

Regards,

Csilla
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths