🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » fix price
Page options
maria_reggie
Community Member

fix price

Hello guysSmiley Happy

I would appreciate your help regarding my concern. I got a job and it is for a fixed price task. Do I still have to use the time tracker or there's no need? Thanks in advance.Smiley Happy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Maria Reggie,

For Fixed Price contract,  you complete and submit a series of specified milestone deliverable to the client. Fixed-price jobs are paid into escrow and released at the completion of a milestone or project. Funds become available after a security hold period of five days. The Time tracker App is used for hourly contracts. You can read this help article for more information. Let us know if you need further assistance. We're here to help.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

No you don't use the tracker for a fixed-price job, but make absolutely certain that you have a formal contract with Upwork, and that the client funds the amount you have agreed into escrow before you start working. Do not deliver any work until this is in place. 

Thanks Nichola. 

JoanneP

Hi Maria Reggie,

For Fixed Price contract,  you complete and submit a series of specified milestone deliverable to the client. Fixed-price jobs are paid into escrow and released at the completion of a milestone or project. Funds become available after a security hold period of five days. The Time tracker App is used for hourly contracts. You can read this help article for more information. Let us know if you need further assistance. We're here to help.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks Joanna!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths