🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: fixed price protection
Page options
ngochantha
Community Member

fixed price protection

Help! I am new to Upwork . Client just asked me to "submit the work for approval" on Upwork so he can release payment. I've read the "fixed price protection" and it said I need to click "My job" then request the "milestone" . Unfortunately, I could not find that option under " my job". Please advise .

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ngoc C wrote:

Help! I am new to Upwork . Client just asked me to "submit the work for approval" on Upwork so he can release payment. I've read the "fixed price protection" and it said I need to click "My job" then request the "milestone" . Unfortunately, I could not find that option under " my job". Please advise .

do you see a contract or job under the "my jobs" tab? Have you accepted an offer, received an email that your contract started?

yes, I have

On the "My Jobs" page, it should be listed on the right-hand side. By default, the view is "All Contracts" and it should appear. You can also check the "Active Milestones" tab, or click on the contract itself and there should be a "Submit work and request payment" button on that page as well.

If it's not showing up in any of those, you may have a contract, but the milestone itself might not be active or funded.

Thank you. I've found it .

Remember:

1) Never start work on a project that has not got a funded milestone for the work you are about to do

2) Always use this submit mechanism to send work to the client in order to get paid for your work.

3) After you submit the work, the client has 14 days to review your work and manually allow release of the milestone payment. (S)he may release it sooner or let it automatically release at the end of the 14 days. Don't re-submit your work using this mechanism unless you want this 14-day waiting period to start over.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths