cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixed price question

Romacielle F Member Since: Dec 2, 2016
1 of 5

Hi !

I just received a fix price invitation but I want to know if the budget was per day or per week...how do I find out?

I want to know before accepting the interview Smiley Happy

Appreciate help in lettin me know where I can verify this.

Thanks!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

We can't tell you, we're not the client.

Accept the interview and discuss it with the client. Explain to the client what you are basing your bid on, see where it goes from there. It's an Invite, it does not cost you any connects to accept and negotiate.

Romacielle F Member Since: Dec 2, 2016
3 of 5

Hi Petra!

Thank you, appreciate your help!

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

Romacielle:

When a client posts a fixed-price job, the "budget" is usually intended to reflect the total amount she will spend to receive the finished deliverable.

If you do not have a very clear, complete understanding of what you will need to turn in for a fixed-price project, it is unwise to accept a fixed-price contract.

Hourly contracts are much simpler and safter. You will get stung if you go into a fixed-price contract without full understanding the general concept and the specific contract.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

@Preston H wrote:

If you do not have a very clear, complete understanding of what you will need to turn in for a fixed-price project, it is unwise to accept a fixed-price contract.

She was not offered a contract. She was invited to interview.

During that interview she can gain that "very clear, complete understanding" of what is expected and that is the point at which she can adjust the bid accordingly, or suggest going with an hourlz contract model.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS