🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » fixed price too many edits
Page options
6739b5ea
Community Member

fixed price too many edits

Hello, I new at upwork, i have first client, with fixed price who wanted 5 designs. he asked me for several concepts for 1 design and also changed texts, colors etc after i made designs.   i need to know is it normal? how many times should i edit? and how many concepts should i do for 1 design?  please tell me what are my rights in this situation. i dont want client to be unhappy but it took all my time. thank you

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Salome S wrote:

Hello, I new at upwork, i have first client, with fixed price who wanted 5 designs. he asked me for several concepts for 1 design and also changed texts, colors etc after i made designs.   i need to know is it normal? how many times should i edit? and how many concepts should i do for 1 design?  please tell me what are my rights in this situation. i dont want client to be unhappy but it took all my time. thank you

Your rights are what you agree on with the client (and within the framework of what is allowed on upwork and/or by law.)

That means you should always agree beforehand how many revisions you will provide, I assume there are common procedures about things like that in your business?

I understand. thank you. And also want to know what can i do for example if client asks me to do more than we agreed and i refuce, and becaue of that  client give me negative feedback?

Hi Salome,

As Martina noted, it's important that you and your client communicate and define all the terms and expectations to avoid any issues or misunderstandings. As for the feedback, if you don't agree with the feedback your client leaves for you, you have the option to respond to offer clarification or rebuttal. If you decide to do this, both the client's feedback and your response will be visible to all future clients looking at your history. You can check out this help article for more information.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths