🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: forgot password and security key
Page options
tusheroht
Community Member

Forgot Password and Security Answer

hi,

i had forgot my original accounts password and security answer. so, i can't reseting password. now, how can i access my original account?

please help me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
knwlzahid
Community Member

On the login page, choose the option reset password. see this link:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067518-Change-Password. 

Kanwal

View solution in original post

305 REPLIES 305

It is not Upwork's intention that you initiate contact with Customer Support via email.

That is why they don't post an email address on the website.

You may ask your question here. What is your question?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Meenakshi,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email you can access. I'll be sure to assist you accordingly. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

The email ID registered with Upwork got expired. When I tried to access some pages of Upwork, it asked me to answer some security question, for which I forgot the answer. Now the link to reset the security question is sent to the expired mail ID. How can solve this issue?

machineworshiper
Community Member

I have lost my previous accounts password and security key, so i created new to ask what should i do, close old account somehow i maybe i will get som support to reset security question and password for old account

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We can assist you in both cases, we can reach out to you directly and assist you with regaining access to your previous account or we can close it so that you can proceed with this one. Please let us know what would you like.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I don't mind if you close previous account. Anyway it was almost empty.
Thanks for assistance!

Your other account has now been closed, as requested, Oleg. 

Let us know if we can assist you further with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
tkarla
Community Member

Hello, dear support!

I've forgot my passwort of Upwork account and have made a new, but I have some offers, which are coming to my e-mail and I can't find this on Upwork from my new account, but I want submit this offers. What can I do? I have forgot answer to my secret question too(((

I will be glad to any ideas!

Use the community bot for this information. This is a Forum, not Support

Ohhh...

Thanks)
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karlygash, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you through your original account's email address to assist you with your issue. 

Once this has been resolved, please know that you will have to close this second account as it is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service to have more than one account on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tkarla
Community Member

Hi, Avery,

Wow

Thank you

Karlygash
fd342e7a
Community Member

I don't remember my email logins nor my  Upwork password and I've been signed out of my account. However, I remember the security question and answer, and phone number associated with the account.

I've forgotten my email logins and Upwork password too for an old account. Need help signing in again.

Getting support is so complex on here🙄

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
79db2a58
Community Member

Hello, I remember my password but I can't remember my Security Question. When I try to reset my security question it says that I have already reached the limit or this one "We're writing to inform you that there have recently been multiple failed attempts to answer your security question." Can someone help me? Thank you

Hi Marielle,

I checked your account and it looks like there is already an open ticket. Please allow time for our team to review and get back to you directly on the same ticket. In the meantime, you may want to read this help article to learn more about how you can recover your password or security question. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I also have the same experience with Marielle.

What should I do, I already contacted the support but they have not yet responded regarding this issue. I was only redirected to a certain site but it did not help me reset my password.

I hope my question will merit your positive response.

Thank you so much.

Hi Joan,

I'm sorry for the late response to your post. I checked your account and it seems like you were already able to log in. Please let us know if further assistance is still needed.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Joanne, 

I also have the same experience when I tried to reset my security question. Received an email "We recently received a request to reset your security question and answer on your Upwork account. This link will expire in one hour." and I was redirected but this is what I saw "The link we sent to to update your security question has expired. Would you like us to resend it?" I haven't received any email yet. Would you please help me with this? Thank you..

Hi Lady Kim,

I requested the help of our team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
rajeshree-gajjar
Community Member

Hello , 

I tried to change my sequrity question and answer . I create my upwork account in jan 2019 year

Whenever i login every time syes for enter sequrity password. I entered it but that is wrong and recive over the mail for wrong sequrity answer.
How to recover that sequrity answer or reset sequrity answer.

if you have experience with that issue, please help me

Thanks

Hello Rajeshree,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your security answer. Have you tried resetting it using the self-service option? You can find more information on this page on how you can do that. Don't hesitate to let us know if you're having trouble doing this, and we'll be happy to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello Luiggi,

Thank you for quick responce.
I check out the link which is you mention in this thread. Also fill the details and submit the "Forgot your answer?"

form.
Please could you check and solve my issue asap.

Hi Rajeshree,

Arjay here stepping in for Luiggi. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths