🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: fraud alert
Page options
ad878d0e
Community Member

fraud alert

I noticed a $150 one time charge from Upwork on my credit card with a reference number beginning with1788 posted May 4.. There is no corresponding amount on my Upwork jobs. Can you check it immediately!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Alice,

I just checked but I wasn't able to find a $150 charge made from your account. Can you please send me a screenshot of this charge via PM? You may also check all the transactions made in your account by going to your Transactions History. Thank you.

Untitled

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
mtngigi
Community Member

You should probably open a ticket for this issue.

yitwail
Community Member

Virginia, I doubt new clients have that option any more. Everything gets funneled to Community.

@John K wrote:
Virginia, I doubt new clients have that option any more. Everything gets funneled to Community.

Really? New clients can't open tickets? If that's the case, that's not good.

yitwail
Community Member

@Virginia F wrote:

@John K wrote:

Virginia, it didn't seem to be an option the last time I tried to help a new client do this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/How-do-you-get-account-help-here/m-p/484509#M33580

@John K wrote:

@Virginia F wrote:

@John K wrote:

Virginia, it didn't seem to be an option the last time I tried to help a new client do this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/How-do-you-get-account-help-here/m-p/484509#M33580

Alrighty then ... guess I won't make that suggestion any more. Color me embarrassed - actually, apply that color to Upwork as welll. Smiley Embarassed

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Alice,

I just checked but I wasn't able to find a $150 charge made from your account. Can you please send me a screenshot of this charge via PM? You may also check all the transactions made in your account by going to your Transactions History. Thank you.

Untitled

Hey Ryan, thanks for chiming in. I didn't see a charge in my transaction history which is the reason for my inquiry. I don't believe its a good idea to take a screenshot of my bank account. Is there another method? Can you check by the Reference number listed on the bank account instead? How do I pm you?

Hello Allice,

You may send me a PM by clicking my name and then you'll be able to see a Message button in my Community Profile. Please see screenshot attached. Thanks!pmSS.JPGpmSS2.JPG

Untitled

Oh, cool!

Ryan, my sincere apologies! I just checked again and read the posting incorrectly. They didn't put enough spaces between transactions so I connected Upwork with a payment I made. I can relax now. Is there a way to post a ticket if need be?

Hi Alice,

You can post your concerns here or you may send me or other moderators a PM and we'll be more glad to assist you.

Thanks!

Untitled
ad878d0e
Community Member

Thanks folks. Anybody know where to find a phone number for customer service?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths