cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraud alert

ad878d0e
A. Alice S Member Since: May 18, 2018
1 of 13

I noticed a $150 one time charge from Upwork on my credit card with a reference number beginning with1788 posted May 4.. There is no corresponding amount on my Upwork jobs. Can you check it immediately!

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 13

You should probably open a ticket for this issue.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 13
Virginia, I doubt new clients have that option any more. Everything gets funneled to Community.
4 of 13

@John K wrote:
Virginia, I doubt new clients have that option any more. Everything gets funneled to Community.

Really? New clients can't open tickets? If that's the case, that's not good.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 13

@Virginia F wrote:

@John K wrote:

Virginia, it didn't seem to be an option the last time I tried to help a new client do this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/How-do-you-get-account-help-here/m-p/484509#M33580

6 of 13

@John K wrote:

@Virginia F wrote:

@John K wrote:

Virginia, it didn't seem to be an option the last time I tried to help a new client do this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/How-do-you-get-account-help-here/m-p/484509#M33580

Alrighty then ... guess I won't make that suggestion any more. Color me embarrassed - actually, apply that color to Upwork as welll. Smiley Embarassed

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
BEST ANSWER
7 of 13

Hello Alice,

I just checked but I wasn't able to find a $150 charge made from your account. Can you please send me a screenshot of this charge via PM? You may also check all the transactions made in your account by going to your Transactions History. Thank you.

Untitled

View solution in original post

ad878d0e
8 of 13

Hey Ryan, thanks for chiming in. I didn't see a charge in my transaction history which is the reason for my inquiry. I don't believe its a good idea to take a screenshot of my bank account. Is there another method? Can you check by the Reference number listed on the bank account instead? How do I pm you?

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
9 of 13

Hello Allice,

You may send me a PM by clicking my name and then you'll be able to see a Message button in my Community Profile. Please see screenshot attached. Thanks!pmSS.JPGpmSS2.JPG

Untitled
ad878d0e
10 of 13
Oh, cool!