🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » free connects
Page options
raghibsonu
Community Member

free connects

hi there i created upwork account a year ago i think but haven`t use even a single connect so how can i use them and i want free conects i it possible thanks

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raghib, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your account registration was completed around 7 years ago. Please know that we moved to the paid connects system last May 2019. As such, freelancers on the Freelancer Basic Plan will not receive free Connects anymore. Connects need to be purchased and are sold in the following bundles:

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

Purchasing connects can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase connects with a credit card or prepaid card. Additionally, if you have a balance on Upwork you can use it to buy Connects.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there, after a few jobs works done, I would like to know if theres is a way to get conects for free, I am ok with the comisions, but i dont feel comfortable paying to get a job...

Marina H wrote:

Hi there, after a few jobs works done, I would like to know if theres is a way to get conects for free, I am ok with the comisions, but i dont feel comfortable paying to get a job...

Marina - connects aren't free unless you are signing up for Upwork for the first time. Upwork is a marketplace connecting clients with freelancers. Charging for connects is one of its revenue streams. 

Hi Marina,

Freelancer Basic plan doesn't include free connects so you'll need to purchase them if you'd like to send proposals. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. Check the options available to you and learn more about the acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths