🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » freelancer post a job
Page options
jasontorpy
Community Member

freelancer post a job

Dumb question but seems to be too obvious to search for or be in the help files. I'm a freelancer so I generally get work from upwork. But I need to post a job for someone to do work for me. It will probably happen relatively frequently as I get bigger jobs that have a specialty item or two I need to augment as part of the larger package.

When I log in, I have 'Find Work' but not 'Jobs > Post a Job' as the help files indicate. Clicking on that says 'clients only. or Freelancers > Find a Freelancer gives a list of freelancers, but I want to post a job not necessarily pick a different freelancer. Do I need a totally separate profile or something?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bilal164
Community Member

Hi Jason,
To hire a freelancer you have to create a client account.
You can easily create a client account within the freelancer account and can switch according to the requirement.
To create a client account:   
Go to Profile settings --> My Teams --> Create New Account -->  New Client Account and proceed further and done.
Hope this will help you out if you still have any question you can ask.
~Bilal

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bilal164
Community Member

Hi Jason,
To hire a freelancer you have to create a client account.
You can easily create a client account within the freelancer account and can switch according to the requirement.
To create a client account:   
Go to Profile settings --> My Teams --> Create New Account -->  New Client Account and proceed further and done.
Hope this will help you out if you still have any question you can ask.
~Bilal

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

To create Client account on your current account, please go to your account settings and select My Teams tab on the left. Once you do, please select Create New Account button and you should be able to add a client account to your existing account. You'll then be able to easily switch between the two accounts under the same login and hire freelancers. Check out this help article for more information.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths