🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » get paid
Page options
ksenia_molotova
Community Member

get paid

Hi, i finished fixed-price contract, but client is not answering for few days now, how can i get paid if the money is In Escrow ($20.00) but not in Milestones Paid($0.00)? And should i end the contract from my side better or wait for 14 days?

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Clients are not obligated to answer or reply to freelancers.

You are supposed to click the Submit Work / Request Payment button and provide the files to the client.

Then wait. Don't contract the client.

If the client does nothing then Upwork will release all of the money in escrow to you AUTOMATICALLY.

Do NOT close the contract until the money is in your account.

Do NOT click the Submit Work button again because that resets the countdown-to-payment clock.

Thank you for this information. Where can I read about these guidelines. I closed a contract ( very first one, the client didn't seem to understand upwork very much) and now I come to find out that is a no-no. Thankfully it was only an hr and I will be ok but I've learned my lesson. 

Question: Right now it says the hour is in review if it stays there after Friday it means I am not getting paid? 

re: "Where can I read about these guidelines."

Getting Started on Upwork

re: "Question: Right now it says the hour is in review if it stays there after Friday it means I am not getting paid?"

You are getting paid.

Payment for hourly contracts is automatic.

To see when you will receive money, and when your money will go from one box to another, click on the "Work in Progress", "In review", "Pending" and "Available" boxes here:

http://www.upwork.com/reports

Thank you Preston! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths