cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting paid

Highlighted
Claudia R Member Since: May 31, 2017
1 of 2

Hello! I'd like to know how long it takes for a client to pay me for a translation. As I'm new to Upwork and this was my first job here, I don't know if I have to do something after submitting my translation or just wait.

The job was accepted on June 15 and was delivered on the same day. I submitted it together with a message to my client but got no answer!

What shall I do?

Thanks a lot!

Claudia

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
2 of 2

@Claudia R wrote:

Hello! I'd like to know how long it takes for a client to pay me for a translation. As I'm new to Upwork and this was my first job here, I don't know if I have to do something after submitting my translation or just wait.

The job was accepted on June 15 and was delivered on the same day. I submitted it together with a message to my client but got no answer!

What shall I do?

Thanks a lot!

Claudia

For a fixed rate job, usually a client will pay, or actually release the funds that they deposited into escrow, when you submit the finished work to them through the Submit Work,/Request Payment. But they have a certain number of days in which to review the work. If they disappear, then whatever is in escrow, will be automatically released to you in 14 days.. So, in addition to attaching the work to a message, make sure you use the Submit Work./Release Payment button. If you've done that (through the button,) don't click it again as it resets the 14 day release all over again.

If its an hourly job, you'll get paid in about 2 weeks. That's the time it takes for the review period, security hold and other things Upwork does.