🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: help
Page options
izzfyljynnzz
Community Member

help

i have a client but we dont have a contract, ive already done the job he's assigned me but how do i secure this transaction when i cant find the contract? i am a little confused right now, its my first job here actually and its fixed price. do i need him to send me an offer? because the only thing i got from him is a proposal to the job. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Fyl Jynn:

You made a mistake.

But that's okay!

Many people make mistakes when they are brand new freelancers on Upwork.

If this client hires you officially and pays you for the work that you did, then that would be good. If you don't get paid, don't worry about it. Don't obsess about it.

The important thing is for you learn from your mistake and not make the same mistake again in the future.

In the future;

Don't work for free!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Fyl Jynn T wrote:

i have a client but we dont have a contract

Then you don't "have a client"

Fyl Jynn T wrote:

ive already done the job he's assigned me but how do i secure this transaction when i cant find the contract?

If you have not been hired you don't have a contract and can not be paid unless / until your client hires you.

Never do any work until you have been hired properly through the platform.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Fyl,

In order to be eligible for ourUpwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract and fulfill the criteria required. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Fyl Jynn:

You made a mistake.

But that's okay!

Many people make mistakes when they are brand new freelancers on Upwork.

If this client hires you officially and pays you for the work that you did, then that would be good. If you don't get paid, don't worry about it. Don't obsess about it.

The important thing is for you learn from your mistake and not make the same mistake again in the future.

In the future;

Don't work for free!

i figured -_- thanks!

now im having a hard time finding employers, too sad for a first time. 

ill just have to move on then -_-

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths