Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hire issue

smiley480
Anu P Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
1 of 4

Dear administration,

This is my first job i completed sucessfully after long period, i entered into upwork.My client was saying i will hire you soon ,my card not working.It is not fair to say that after completing the task. He has given me to design a logo. I did a logo for him. i designed as he required,but now he was not replying for my messages please help me anyone how to solve this issue

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

Anu, it sounds like you do not know how to use Upwork properly.

That is okay! You can learn more. Some day you will learn enough that you will know how to actually do work and get paid for it.

For now, you need to accept that you will not get paid for the work you did, because of the mistakes that you made.

You can learn more by going here and here.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
3 of 4

Anu,

Please read up on the links Preston has posted before you take on another project.  This is a lesson learned. There will be nothing Upwork can do to help you get your money. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
4 of 4

You got scammed. That happens to most everyone who's new here and who does not take the time to learn the procedures of this site. And that just reinforces the scammers because they know this and continue to use that scam on new freelancers. When new freelancers stop jumping in here not knowing what to look out for and how to use this site, they will keep getting scamed.

There's so many new freelancers that get preyed on that it's almost a ritual here. Youi can't be a member until you've been scammed might be a good mission statement of Upwork.

You should have NEVER even started work until you had an active contract in place, and the clients account was verified and escrow was FULLY funded no matter what the employer told youk even if the job was a rush, asap, need in the next hour job.

No contract, no work

Account not verified, no work

Escrow not fully funded,, no work.