🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » hourly rate/profile rate
Page options
797b5547
Community Member

hourly rate/profile rate

im hiring a upworker for 1st time his hourly rate says $8/ but the profile rate says $15 per hour ,before i hire him what rate will i be paying him $8 or $15 per hour?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mtngigi
Community Member

We are required to post an hourly rate on our profiles, but sometimes freelancers and clients negotiate a higher (or lower) rate during the interview process. You'll be paying whatever you both agree upon in the interview stage. I imagine $15 is what the freelancer would prefer, but that's not set in stone.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mtngigi
Community Member

We are required to post an hourly rate on our profiles, but sometimes freelancers and clients negotiate a higher (or lower) rate during the interview process. You'll be paying whatever you both agree upon in the interview stage. I imagine $15 is what the freelancer would prefer, but that's not set in stone.

797b5547
Community Member

Thank you Virgina

The hourly rate for the contract will be the rate specified in the job offer that you will make to the freelancer. The freelancer will expect this to be the rate they specified in their proposal, unless you've negotiated a different rate. If the freelancer objects to the rate in your job offer, they can decline the offer and continue negotiating.

9dacae95
Community Member

Thank you so much 👍

prestonhunter
Community Member

You will be paying the freelancer whatever rate is on the contract.

The hourly rate posted on the freelancer's profile has nothing to do with you, if you and the freelancer are setting up a contract for a different rate.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths