🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » how can I land my first client?
Page options
9a716d1b
Community Member

how can I land my first client?

I have sent proposals but no positive response more

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mydhir
Community Member

Hello! At first it is somewhat difficult to capture the attention of a client, since you must have a good reputation to attract attention.

The best thing you can do to get your first client is to only bid on small paying jobs. In such jobs, there will be less demand and you will be able to gain reputation with Upwork.

Another tip is to develop an excellent presentation, you can have it saved as "Copy and Page" to offer it quickly. This will increase the chances of getting a client.

Best regards 🙂

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
ea8d08c1
Community Member

How can I land my first client?

First check client payment method veryfied.

If payment method veryfied so then send a professional proposal and try again and again but different cleint but make sure always check cleint payment method veryfied? 

If veryfied so go for head. If you're using this technique so I hope you will achieve your first cleint soon.

ea8d08c1
Community Member

I really did'nt mean to send the same message but I do have the same question?

196fd02b
Community Member

Right a professional proposal and most important point read properly what cleint required and what needed,

Thank you

mydhir
Community Member

Hello! At first it is somewhat difficult to capture the attention of a client, since you must have a good reputation to attract attention.

The best thing you can do to get your first client is to only bid on small paying jobs. In such jobs, there will be less demand and you will be able to gain reputation with Upwork.

Another tip is to develop an excellent presentation, you can have it saved as "Copy and Page" to offer it quickly. This will increase the chances of getting a client.

Best regards 🙂

ahmadatieh00
Community Member

Hello,

You can create professional proposals by:

1) Reading the job description carefully and making sure you understand the task perfectly.

2) Including the time/specifications you think are important for the project.

3) Introducing yourself and mention some of your past experiences related to the task you are applying for.

4) Think of a way to stand out from the crowd and be unique.

5) Be punctual and have a great eye to details.

If you follow the steps listed, you will create winning proposals here on Upwork.

Hope this helps you.

905f599c
Community Member

Do not go for biddinga where there are akready more 50

magihid
Community Member

You should put yourself out there as much as you can! Best of luck to you,

196fd02b
Community Member

If you're bidding professionally and write proposal and type fisrt what cleint required and what cleint want from freelancer, if you're type fisrt what cleint needed so care and no issues if 50 more bidding already. Because maybe possible when already submit 50 proposal but no one write a perfect proposal.

548d39f6
Community Member

Don't bid the recommended price for a popular job, coz it'll just be a waste of your time and credits.  Offer to do your first few jobs for next to nothing - even if the client is willing to pay a lot, bid low so you can undercut everyone else. You'll probably get a few job offers this way. Don't think about making money at first, just get some good feedback from a few clients so that you can build your profile up a bit. Once your profile is looking good, clients will be more likely yo hire you. Thought I'd offer a more unvarnished opinion. AC.

brunobodart
Community Member

Hello Abdul.

The question you are making is the same question we all had at one point when we started. I don't think there is a single answer, however there are some tips I can give you if you allow me to do so.

1) Prepare yourself, try to keep your knowledge updated and look always for what is most wanted in your profession.

2) Spend time in front of the computer looking for jobs. Try to be always one of the first ones bidding.

3) Complete your profile as much as you can, a good profile is a good catch.

4) At first you are unknown, so intead of compiting with your reputation you will probably have to compete with your price. This is very tricky, because you don't want to be the cheepest one either, but that is what worked for me.

5) Someone else said the same, bid for small jobs at first. Being a good freelancer takes time and a lot of work. Sometimes you will even have to put your reputation in front of your earnings.

6) Then be patiance, that is all you will need. Because once you land your first job then a second more difficult part beggins. You will have to start building your reputation. Try to be wise and keep your clients happy. Then everything becames a bit easier as long as you don't fall asleep on that and then with one or two jobs ruin all your work.

This is what I've done and it worked for me. I hope it works for you too.

a8c9dd4f
Community Member

I posted how to get the first job on Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths