Re: how do I become a rising talent

Tamar V Member Since: May 10, 2016
1 of 20

try to find how to become a rising talent

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
2 of 20

Tamar, there are a ton of messages about that here. Chances are, this thread will be merged with that one. 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 20

Tamar, just for a start - hide the below average score on your profile. You may have passed the test but it doesn't look good to a potential client, and also, decide which of the Upwork readiness tests you are going to keep. You have two identical tests showing. Hide one of them.

You will probably have to get a couple of jobs with good feedback to qualify you for rhe rising talent label.

Muhammad Adil K Member Since: Mar 4, 2017
4 of 20

Hello Nichola. Please view my profile and suggest me a fast track to be awarded Rising Talent. 

M. Adil Khan
Community Guru
Alexander F Member Since: Mar 10, 2017
5 of 20

How does a Master of Arts in English Literature and Linguistics get an "above average" result in an English spelling test?

Muhammad Adil K Member Since: Mar 4, 2017
6 of 20

Hello Alexander. Thank you for viewing my profile. Well, that is maybe because it's a Masters of English Literature and Linguistics, and not exactly of English Language. Besides, it is a challenging test containing words that can even make natives stumble. Furthermore, I choose to look at it as 4.60/5.0, which is not quite bad. Smiley Happy 

M. Adil Khan
Ejaz K Member Since: Aug 3, 2018
7 of 20

Hello Nichola. Please view my profile and suggest me a fast track to be awarded Rising Talent. 

Ejaz Khan

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
8 of 20
Ejaz K wrote:

Ejaz Khan

Rising talent requires you to be honest about your skills. You are offering proofreading and editing in English and you say you are fluent. Your overview is full of grammar mistakes as well as your post. You really need to reevaluate what you're offering. Clients will read your overview and move on. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 20

Hi Ejaz,

You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile, which is automatically applied within 48 hours once all of the requirements are met.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Lisa F Member Since: Apr 16, 2016
10 of 20

Hi Tamar,

I got rising talent before I got my first job apparently by having a good profile and submitting a slew of proposals over the course of 2 weeks. i just got a review of my profile from Upwork as part of the program.

Good luck!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS