🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » how do I make the deal with the client and cr...
Page options
c41b39ff
Community Member

how do I make the deal with the client and create a contract

hello,

I am Elie Saad a freelancer Architect and I'm new to Upwork. Starting with getting a job, I sent proposals for clients some of these clients contacted me by messages and start talking about the project giving some notes, asking for suggestions even ideas and sketches ......

kindly, Here are my questions and much appreciated getting guidance and clarifications :

1-Starting with an interview by messaging is a confirmation of getting the job? or still only negotiating and making conversations?

2- How do we make contracts with the clients and have a confirmation of them that I am hired for the requested job?

Please can somebody clarify the right path of getting Job after submitting proposals, it is much appreciated. Thanks.

Elie Saad 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Elie, after applying for a project by sending a proposal, in case the client liked your proposal, he/she will contact you, this is called the interview phase. Please be noted that there is nothing official in the interview phase (aka. You are NOT hired yet). After agreeing on all the project terms and details, before you start working on anything, you should make sure that you are officially Hired.
And in order to be hired, the client has to send you a Job offer with the terms agreed on [hourly rate/funds in the escrow].

After you accept the client's offer, you can start working as you are now officially hired for this project.

I hope this helps. Wish you the best of luck.

Youssef

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Elie, after applying for a project by sending a proposal, in case the client liked your proposal, he/she will contact you, this is called the interview phase. Please be noted that there is nothing official in the interview phase (aka. You are NOT hired yet). After agreeing on all the project terms and details, before you start working on anything, you should make sure that you are officially Hired.
And in order to be hired, the client has to send you a Job offer with the terms agreed on [hourly rate/funds in the escrow].

After you accept the client's offer, you can start working as you are now officially hired for this project.

I hope this helps. Wish you the best of luck.

Youssef

Hi Youssef, thank you for your support and clarification, it is much helpful.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths