🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: upwork account would suspend if clients o...
Page options
ankushrohi
Community Member

how long my account can remain active

Hello,

I wana ask how long my account can remain active if i will not open my acount for months years or 10 years??

what if I want to take a break from business and freelancing for a year or 2 years and willnot even open account for a very long??
Upwork will deactivate or delete my profile??

Waiting for your replyyy..

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ankush,

Being inactive does not affect a user's account or their reputation. Just make sure to change your visibility and availability on your profile and consider setting the out-of-office responder in Messages.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

What if i m inactive for many days months or years?

I m Creative Designer and i wana know if i will aply many jobs and none employer will reply on my proposal?? will upwork team will suspend my account?? if yes then why?? if no then tell the whole thing????

or how to avoid this situation?? Someone told this to me and I m so very worried...

thanks

Ankush R wrote:

I m Creative Designer and i wana know if i will aply many jobs and none employer will reply on my proposal?? will upwork team will suspend my account??

Yes.

Ankush R wrote:

if yes then why??

Because if nobody wants to hire a freelancer, then there is absolutely no point in that freelancer being on the platform. It wastes their time and the clients' time who have to wade through dozens of hopeless proposals. It is much like a shop: It makes no sense to keep goods on the shelves that nobody wants to buy or which just get stolen.

There is nothing much to worry about, because either you'll get hired (although your profile is extremely weak - who would hire a graphic designer with no portfolio, no experience, no education, no work history and a very lazy overview??) or, if you don't get hired anyway, being removed is no hardship, because you were just wasting your time.

Ankush R wrote:

I m Creative Designer and i wana know if i will aply many jobs and none employer will reply on my proposal?? will upwork team will suspend my account?? if yes then why?? if no then tell the whole thing????

or how to avoid this situation??

I would suggest you fix your profile first. Then apply. At the moment, with that profile as it is, there would be little point.. Then see how it goes. But the vast majority of new freelancers never win a single contract.

Of the near 300 000 graphic design freelancers that come up in search, over 250 000 have never earned a Dollar

graphic.jpg

and what should I do as setting if i will not be avaliable for months and years??

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths