🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: how much similar can be proposals
Page options
m_romanyuk
Community Member

how much similar can be proposals

Hello. Just curios how much similar can be proposals with each other?

Usually my typical proposal includes greeting + description my expirince and skilles + something connecting with this one post job + goodbye part.

In fact just part about job post is unique there (just about 15-20%).

UpWork says "Don’t send a generic “cut and paste” proposal. It hurts your chance of being awarded the project and can reflect poorly on your Upwork reputation. It’s okay to adapt an old cover letter, but make it relevant to the project you’re trying to win."

So can I adapt just that part about job post? And one more: is there some limit how many proposals I can send in 1 day?

Many my friends were banned and they dont know why... and one of cause can be spamming?...

Thanks for your time,

Mykola.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Mykola,

I would suggest that freelancers take time to write proposals that convey to the client that they have thoroughly read the job posting and explain why they are interested in the project and how they plan to approach it if hired on the project. As with cover letters of any kind, showing enthusiasm and genuine interest goes a long way. You can check out this article for tips on writing great proposals. 

While there isn't a limit on the number of proposals you send, you should make sure you are only sending proposals to jobs that are a strong match for your skills.

~Nina

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Mykola,

I would suggest that freelancers take time to write proposals that convey to the client that they have thoroughly read the job posting and explain why they are interested in the project and how they plan to approach it if hired on the project. As with cover letters of any kind, showing enthusiasm and genuine interest goes a long way. You can check out this article for tips on writing great proposals. 

While there isn't a limit on the number of proposals you send, you should make sure you are only sending proposals to jobs that are a strong match for your skills.

~Nina
ninx
Community Member

Hey Mykola,

try avoiding copy-pasting as much as you can!

I'm speaking from experience. Up until recently my proposal 'formula' was similar to yours. All it got me was several relatively low-paying short-term jobs. Or no response at all.

Use your profile to showcase your education, credentials, and experience.

Use the proposal to tell the client how you can help them to get the job done. Tell the client in a sentence or two how you'll approach their task. Add a link to a portfolio sample most relevant to the job.

It might take you more time to write a proposal tailored to each client but the effort is worth it.

Wish you luck,

Nikolina

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths