🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: how to hire freelancer to my job
Page options
31574af5
Community Member

how to hire freelancer to my job

Hi, 

I post a job and deal with a freelancer by messages and now I want to pay to him and get the work.

but when I trying to pay I get that notification says I can't pay without hire someone first so, I click button hire freelancer then take me to billing page... like Turn in a circle! loop.

help please

14 REPLIES 14
phillipsworks
Community Member

Try quitting the app and make use of the desktop platform. Navigate to 'Hire freelancer' and type in the name of the freelancer you made a deal with. Then try to hire him, you would be redirected to the page where you are to fund the milestone.

JoanneP

Hi Aybk,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing trouble hiring a freelancer. Please check out this help article on how you can make an offer to a freelancer and how to add a billing method. Also, kindly check out this thread where we compiled tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions to help new users get started on upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
31574af5
Community Member

I do every thing, but this all what I get: "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."

I'm use paypal becuse my visa not accepted here. 

if there is no solution I have to search for another friendly site.

Hi Aybk,

Sorry to hear that. I have escalated your request with the team. One of our team representatives will reach out to you shortly. Please check your email inbox or check directly here

Thank you.

Untitled

Hi, I follow the step at support email but it's the same I can't pay without accept my prepaid visa card which is work fine with most website like amazon, netflix, newegg...etc

petra_r
Community Member

@Aybk Y wrote:

Hi, I follow the step at support email but it's the same I can't pay without accept my prepaid visa card which is work fine with most website like amazon, netflix, newegg...etc

This isn't Amazon or Netflix.

You should never have asked a freelancer do any work without having hired the freelancer first... Have you tried adding your prepaid visa to your PayPal account as a funding source? It likely won't work but it "might"

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aybk,

Unfortunately, for security reasons pre-paid or gift credit cards aren't accepted as a payment method on Upwork. Please, consider adding an alternative credit card or contact PayPal support about the issue with your account.

~ Bojan
Upwork
31574af5
Community Member

Hi, 

it's work now and I paid, the problem was with paypal, the email, because were different.

now it's been 13 hours since I paid and not get the work yet!!

petra_r
Community Member

@Aybk Y wrote:

Hi, 

it's work now and I paid, the problem was with paypal, the email, because were different.

now it's been 13 hours since I paid and not get the work yet!!

How did you pay?

Did you hire the freelancer and then funded a contract and the freelancer accepted the contract?

Hi Aybk,

I checked the offer you sent and it looks like the freelancer has not yet accepted it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
31574af5
Community Member

I don't know how this website work, it seems difficult for me now.

I can't hire freelancer without pay first!!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aybk,

Sorry to hear you ran into issues. Please check this helpful resources to give you an idea on how to get started. Let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance!

~ Bojan
Upwork
31574af5
Community Member

well I sent money for upwork and the freelancer disappear! what should I do?

I want to refund, to rehire another freelancer. its take very long time.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths