cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to hire freelancer to my job

Aybk Y Member Since: Aug 9, 2018
1 of 15

Hi, 

I post a job and deal with a freelancer by messages and now I want to pay to him and get the work.

but when I trying to pay I get that notification says I can't pay without hire someone first so, I click button hire freelancer then take me to billing page... like Turn in a circle! loop.

help please

Phillip T Member Since: Aug 9, 2018
2 of 15

Try quitting the app and make use of the desktop platform. Navigate to 'Hire freelancer' and type in the name of the freelancer you made a deal with. Then try to hire him, you would be redirected to the page where you are to fund the milestone.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3 of 15

Hi Aybk,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing trouble hiring a freelancer. Please check out this help article on how you can make an offer to a freelancer and how to add a billing method. Also, kindly check out this thread where we compiled tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions to help new users get started on upwork. 

-Joanne
Untitled
4 of 15

I do every thing, but this all what I get: "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer."

I'm use paypal becuse my visa not accepted here. 

if there is no solution I have to search for another friendly site.

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
5 of 15

Hi Aybk,

Sorry to hear that. I have escalated your request with the team. One of our team representatives will reach out to you shortly. Please check your email inbox or check directly here

Thank you.

Untitled
6 of 15

Hi, I follow the step at support email but it's the same I can't pay without accept my prepaid visa card which is work fine with most website like amazon, netflix, newegg...etc

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 15

@Aybk Y wrote:

Hi, I follow the step at support email but it's the same I can't pay without accept my prepaid visa card which is work fine with most website like amazon, netflix, newegg...etc

This isn't Amazon or Netflix.

You should never have asked a freelancer do any work without having hired the freelancer first... Have you tried adding your prepaid visa to your PayPal account as a funding source? It likely won't work but it "might"

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
8 of 15

Hi Aybk,

Unfortunately, for security reasons pre-paid or gift credit cards aren't accepted as a payment method on Upwork. Please, consider adding an alternative credit card or contact PayPal support about the issue with your account.

~ Bojan
Untitled
9 of 15

Hi, 

it's work now and I paid, the problem was with paypal, the email, because were different.

now it's been 13 hours since I paid and not get the work yet!!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 15

@Aybk Y wrote:

Hi, 

it's work now and I paid, the problem was with paypal, the email, because were different.

now it's been 13 hours since I paid and not get the work yet!!

How did you pay?

Did you hire the freelancer and then funded a contract and the freelancer accepted the contract?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS