finleyruss

how to hire

would have liked to use this as a client to hire one of your freelancers, but there appears to be no way to do that.  You system thinks I am a freelancer and insists that I desribe my expertise - but allow nothing else. It does not allow me to become a client, to contact a freelancer, post a job, or make any changes in account settings.  Reading the help files tells me to go to the jobs tab to post a job, but there is no jobs tab. It tells me to go to settings to the delete account but there is no settings (only options to view My Requests and to Sign out). sorry, but this is a horrible horrible web site.  Suggest you hire a freelancer to fix it - if you can figure out how to hire a freelancer.

2 REPLIES 2
katrinabeaver

Go to the question mark, Help and Support and type in 

Can I be both a freelancer doing work and a client hiring on Upwork?

This will give you step by step on setting up your client account. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Russ,

It looks like you signed up as a freelancer on Upwork. You should now be able to click on your name in the upper right corner, go to your Settings and access the link to Create Company at the bottom of the page. Once you do that, you should be able to switch between  your freelancer and client profiles, post jobs and hire freelancers.

~ Valeria
Upwork