🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: how to link linkedin account to upwork??
Page options
joypiyu
Community Member

how to link linkedin account to upwork??

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME LINK MY LINKEDIN PROFILE TO UPWORK ???

16 REPLIES 16
csjarmitage
Community Member

As I understand it, you can't actually link it.  The idea is that Upwork uses your LinkedIn profile to adjust the types of jobs recommended to you, based on the skills in your LI profile.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's what I read elsewhere on the forums.

garnorm
Community Member

Hi Piyush,

If you're looking to bring over profile details from LinkedIn, it doesn't work that way on Upwork. You will be asked to complete each profile section anew. We're asking for some specific information in your profile, thus the need to address each area with the appropriate information. 

Thanks!

achmlz
Community Member

Hello Garnor,

I have the same question. The reason why I want to add my Linkedin profile to my Upwork profile, is not because I do not want to fill in manually the information neccessary, but, because employers usually ask for it. Is it possible just to paste my Linkedin profile linkin the Introduction section? And once again, I do not understand why we can link to let`s say Facebook, but not Linkedin. 

Looking forward your answer and many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Veselinka.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Veselinka,

Neither Facebook nor Linkedin are allowed to be shared on freelancer profiles. Linking some of the available social media accounts help with getting additional information regarding your skills and sending you job recommendations, and are only used internally. While you can share your LinkedIn profile with prospective clients, note that you are required to work on Upwork with clients you met here and all payments need to be processed through the platform.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir

I don't want to link Upwork and LinedIn.

I just want to have a simple solution where I can add my LinkedIn profile link on Upwork so people who look at my details can check my LinkedIn as sometimes it has more to say about me.

I don't want to duplicate all from there to my profile.

Regards,

Areg

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Areg,

Unfortunately at the moment, this is not allowed. While you can share your LinkedIn profile with prospective clients, note that you are required to work on Upwork with clients you met here and all payments need to be processed through the platform. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

That is understandable and correct approach.

But why not extend my possibilities to win a bid if just a LinkedIn check can show more details about me?

I will share it in proposals but having in public profile is important as having qualifications and certifications.

Also list of your certifications is very limited and my all proposals for new ones left unanswered ...

Regards,

Areg

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Areg,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team.

Regarding your certification, you can also use the option to suggest a certification and our team will receive your feedback. 
In the mean time you can add your certifications as portfolio items.

~ Goran
Upwork

tnann
Community Member

Hi,

Can I link other freelancing profile link? Will Upwork block my account if I linked the photo of job done link or other platform like pro.z?

purity39
Community Member

Kindly help me link my linked to my upwork account
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Purity,

As Garnor had stated below, you wont be able to link your Linkedin account to Upwork. Check out Garnor comment for more details.

~ Goran
Upwork

I believe it's pretty easy task to programmatically import job history from LinkedIn to Upwork.

jmlaidlaw
Community Member

Hi, Anton D. -- Are you a client? Because if you're a freelancer, you should know that you need to use your own photograph as a profile picture. Sigmund Freud will not do. If you're a client, you can use Freud, I guess.

I guess it's not Freud but Lenin

055cf445
Community Member

Writing
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths