cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove my email from a client account i accidentally join?

Highlighted
Cesar B Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1 of 6

im planning to be a freelancer in upwork and i used my work email to sign up on upwork and i accidentally clicked the join team button prior of creating my account, when i verify my email it shows that its a client account, ow do i remove my email from the team i accidentally join.? i want to be a freelancer not to be client...

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Hi Cesar,

You`re referring to the same account you`re posting from? If yes, you can open a freelancer profile and once you've opened it we can close your client profile. To learn more about this check out our help article on this Link. Thank you.

Untitled
3 of 6

I am just newbiwe to upwork, i use my work email to sign up, after i filled out the form it brings me to the the landing page where i can choose to create my own profile or join the team who uses the same company email. 

i clicked  join team and to my surprise it brings me to the client page.. it asks me to post job lols where what i want is a job since i decided to be a freelancer. i tried all the tricks to untied my email from that team and i count find anything..

4 of 6

the company email i used was **Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 of 6

wow..

I tried to click view profile on that client account i accidentally made and it was not there anymore.. thank you for very promt response.. 

I already have one freelancer account made and I can stick on this..

thank you and more power,

Cesar **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
6 of 6

Hi Cesar,

I checked the email address you shared and I can confirm that you have created a client account under that email. This account that you used to post here in the community is associated with a different email address. We can delete the client account and you can keep this account you are using to post in the community. You can create a client account by following the steps on the help article that Goran shared using your freelancer account if you need to. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS