🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » how to start my first step here ?
Page options
97b990d2
Community Member

how to start my first step here ?

helo,

i have an idea (an web app i think) i want to start giving it a try, problem is i'm pretty clueless when it comes to all this technology, so my question is then could i create a private job  to specific freelancers that spot my attention while i was navigating profiles here, and ask for letssay 1h consulting in my native language, asi feel more confortable? and a second questionwould be, if i do so, sould the price of the priveta job match the price rate i see in the freelancer profile i supose?

sory its my first time on  afreelancer site and donkt reale know how to start 

3 REPLIES 3
sgortyal
Community Member

Yes Traian, Its little confusing at start. But after you got to know some basics of platform, you will find it more easier. 

when you are posting job, you have following options regarding job post on left side of window (you are going through steps one by one ) Title > Description > Details > Expertise > Visibility > Budget > Review

So under Visibility,  you can choose invite only option for inviting specific freelancers. If you saved freelancers while searching then, down below you can add them directly.

And there is no essential requirement that price of private job should match rate of freelancer profile.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to upwork!

mtngigi
Community Member

@Traian D wrote:

helo,

i have an idea (an web app i think) i want to start giving it a try, problem is i'm pretty clueless when it comes to all this technology, so my question is then could i create a private job  to specific freelancers that spot my attention while i was navigating profiles here, and ask for letssay 1h consulting in my native language, asi feel more confortable? and a second questionwould be, if i do so, sould the price of the priveta job match the price rate i see in the freelancer profile i supose?

sory its my first time on  afreelancer site and donkt reale know how to start 

Traian,

I've flagged your post so hopefully a mod will be along to help you out. Freelancers are required to have an hourly rate on our profiles, but many freelancers work only flat rate jobs and not hourly, so keep that in mind when considering budget and whether you want to pay hourly or a flat rate, and set up the job accordingly.

Also, you may find this link helpful: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Client-Tutorial-Videos/m-p/99871#M4469

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Traian,

You can stop more freelancers from submitting proposals for your job by changing the visibility to private or invite only.  To invite freelancer to join your project, please go to your profile and chose Freelancers - My Freelancers - Saved Freelancers tab and you will find freelancer you are referring to and be able to invite him to the project by using Invite to Job button! 

You can discuss the terms and rate directly with the freelancer during the interview. I would also advise that you check our Hiring Headquarters for some helpful articles about writing great job postings and figuring out optimal budgets or rates for a job.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths