🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: how to submit a serious proposal to fixed...
Page options
dsanfra
Community Member

how to submit a serious proposal to fixed price projects without description

Hi,

I'm newbie here on Upwork and I'm tring to do my best to make my space and build a history, reputation, great review and so on... My idea is to ask for less than desired to small jobs in order to "work my way up the career ladder".

My issue here is that the small projects that I have seen, are most of them for a fixed price budget with a poor description without enough information to realize at least the project size.

Here are some examples of the kind of project I mean:

**Edited for community guidelines**

I want to do a serious offer but it's dificults to avoid misunderstandings in the future if there is so little information.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the process of offer and acceptance of a job... Are there other stages in which the requirements are communicated in more detail without committing time nor money yet ?

This is another particulary project which bullet is 5 usd dolars but with a lot of tasks:

May the client misunderstood the fixed bid by a hourly rate? Even so 5 dol per hour is really low.

I can't catch the client idea I guess...

Any suggestion on how do you do to work with this kind of projects would be amazing!

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3
yitwail
Community Member

Daniel, the moderators removed the job descriptions you pasted because they violate community guidelines but I take it the first one didn’t provide any details and the second one had a $5 budget for a lot of work. Unless you’re a
mind reader, there’s no way of knowing if such jobs are worth applying for. I personally don’t apply for such jobs, but some freelancers may have success doing so. In particular, the $5 budget could be a placeholder, meaning the client isn’t sure how much to charge, so if you apply, then set your bid to an amount you think is reasonable for the work specified.

Hi John, thanks for your suggestions.

I didn't know pasting a job link violate the community guidelines, sorry for that.

I would be great if the freelancer interested in a job could do some sort of suggestion to the client proposal, i.e. which kind of information could be usefull to add, etc..

Cheers,

Daniel

jr-translation
Community Member

Daniel F wrote:

Hi,

I'm newbie here on Upwork and I'm tring to do my best to make my space and build a history, reputation, great review and so on... My idea is to ask for less than desired to small jobs in order to "work my way up the career ladder".

My issue here is that the small projects that I have seen, are most of them for a fixed price budget with a poor description without enough information to realize at least the project size.

Here are some examples of the kind of project I mean:

I want to do a serious offer but it's dificults to avoid misunderstandings in the future if there is so little information.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the process of offer and acceptance of a job... Are there other stages in which the requirements are communicated in more detail without committing time nor money yet ?

This is another particulary project which bullet is 5 usd dolars but with a lot of tasks:

May the client misunderstood the fixed bid by a hourly rate? Even so 5 dol per hour is really low.

I can't catch the client idea I guess...

Any suggestion on how do you do to work with this kind of projects would be amazing!

Daniel

Just quoting something I wrote the other day:

"If there is not enough information you can

A: flag the job because "There's no clear, defined deliverable "

B: ignore the job

C: write a proposal that includes all rates and let the client know that the final rate depends on the work involved and you need to see the file first. Trust me most freelancers are too lazy to spend time on a proposal just to give the clients this information and as a client I am too lazy to ask the freelancers for the missing information. After all the freelancers are trying to sell themselvs and some do a really poor job at it. This is where you can shine."

When you apply just try to fill the blanks left by the client. But I strongly advise against offering lower prices. That can hurt you in the long-run.

Also, if you have worked as a programming teacher you should mention it once more early in your presentation. It tells you apart from the masses of self-taught programmers with no reference.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths