Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

https://support.upwork.com/ redirect on main page

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
61 of 79

Simon, 

I followed up and the team has already reached out to you via the ticket on the account where video verification is requested. You should get an update via email. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Hermes V Member Since: Apr 2, 2020
62 of 79

Hello,

I have a problem. I'm a new freelancer on upwork since not so long. I've been asked to verify my identity, so I easily uploaded my id without a problem, but when it comes to the video chat I have to use my mobile, and there is no way to get started with the call. When I push on "start call" I get constantly redirected to the Upwork help page, where there is no option to make this video call. So I already lost 1 hour trying to solve this problem, and by the way every time your try to find some information through the upwork first page you get redirected to the same page, so there must be something going wrong in general. Hope you can solve my problem, I would be at the Upwork team disposal to make a video call through whatsapp or any other way so to be able to go one with my work. Thank you!

Hermes

Highlighted
63 of 79

Hi Hermes and Mohamed, 

Could you please check the workaround I shared in my post earlier on this thread? Thanks!

Valeria K. wrote:

We identified that issue with accessing video verification call many of you experienced has to do with some browsers. As a workaround, could you please try using the latest version of MS Edge to access the link?

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Mohamed Y Member Since: Mar 16, 2020
64 of 79

I want to verify my identity. I have trouble going to the link to access the video chat. The link they gave me just led to the general "help" page. Any help? 

Highlighted
Linda M Member Since: Apr 2, 2020
65 of 79

I am struggling to respond to the email requesting ID Verification. the link keeps on jumping back to "How can we help you" page.

Are there any humans that communicate to you? How come its other members that respond, never UPWORK staff?

Highlighted
66 of 79

Hi Linda and others,

We identified that issue with accessing video verification call many of you experienced has to do with some browsers. As a workaround, could you please try using the latest version of MS Edge to access the link?

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Johan D Member Since: Mar 12, 2020
67 of 79

I have the same problem, just that my account has not been blocked yet. But the start chat button did nothing but sending me to the help section. Would be good if this bug was fixed instead of asking us to contact you separately.

And please, stop the process of all verifications until this bug has been fixed.

Highlighted
Simon G Member Since: Mar 28, 2020
68 of 79

Johan, do you find that the help section works at all? Is there some way to raise a support ticket?

For me every link redirects me to Find Work or the login page, which once logged in sends me to the Find Work page!

I want to point out as well that I have webcam set to allow etc and all of this is the case on different web browsers that I never use so its not a case of clearing the cache or anything.

Highlighted
Johan D Member Since: Mar 12, 2020
69 of 79

No, it seems like we're not supposed to be sent to the support page. When we click on the start chat button then we should stay on the same page or that a pop up appears (with the chat) and that should then be where we verify the account.

Highlighted
Mary P Member Since: Mar 27, 2020
70 of 79

I was having the same problem as everyone else. I finally was able to get the video chat screen to stay put without disappearing by using the Firefox browswer. I completed the video chat and am now just waiting for my badge to be added to my profile.