🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » i am trying to login in windows upwork app wi...
Page options
3c7c7ad9
Community Member

i am trying to login in windows upwork app with google and it says "Couldn't sign you in This browse

can someone help me it has already been 3 days and i have not been able to do anything.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yes it is already conncted there, it says "You're signed in with s***@gmail.com" .

Also it is working fine with the mobile application i.e. i have signed in my phone using the same google account, but only getting this issue when using the windows App.

ok i am editing this one got the solution,

just disconneted with the google under settings, and logged in with my email and password.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
petra_r
Community Member

why don't you simply sign in with your user name or email and password?

3c7c7ad9
Community Member

i have tried that it says  "This email address uses Google Sign-In."

Hi Siddhant,

Could you please connect your Google account in, Settings > Connected Services and let me know if you`re still experiencing the same problem? 

~ Goran
Upwork

yes it is already conncted there, it says "You're signed in with s***@gmail.com" .

Also it is working fine with the mobile application i.e. i have signed in my phone using the same google account, but only getting this issue when using the windows App.

ok i am editing this one got the solution,

just disconneted with the google under settings, and logged in with my email and password.

asil0
Community Member

Change the default browser from windows settings

manoj2832
Community Member

Hello Siddhant, has your problem been solved, I am having the same issue with Desktop app.

Hi Pappu,

Could you please try to log into your Desktop app by following these steps:

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In.
Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Feel free to follow up on this thread and confirm if you were able to log in or if you need further assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne, thanks for your help, it really works. Thank you

alxjabd
Community Member

I am trying to login in windows upwork app with google and it says  "This email address uses Google Sign-In" No other alternative option showing me.  After given user name it's always redirect me to google signin option. In support always reply Settings> Connected Services, when I can't login my upwork account then how can I change this option.

I am submitting my query from another account.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alxja,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's TOS.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
dcafd596
Community Member

I am having the same issue. Every time I try to login to upwork, it just brings be back to the google signin. Its  a loop. All of the help options say to discounnect from google and use a PW but I cant even get in in order to do that. I logged into a seperate account just to post this- please advise how I can disconnect my google account if I cant get it upwork at all? 

Hi Joanna,

You will need to log in via browser and go to Settings > connected services > and disconnect your Google account.
Once this is done you can try to log in with your email and password on the desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

That is the issue- I cannot disconnect from google signin if I can not get into my upwork account. 

The only way I am posting this is because I created a new username and password but I have a lot of work on my real account (**Edited for Community Guidelines** is my username) and I can not log into that account at all. I know how I could solve this issue if I could get in- but I cannot. I tried downloading the desktop app, I cannot get in. I tried safari and chrome, still does not work, I tried going through incognito, does not work. I went into the g suite and disconnected upwork from my google sign in options- still nothing.

Thank you for the clarification, Joanna,

Our team will reach out to you directly via ticket and email to assist you further with your original account.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I'm having the exact same issues as Joanna. I've created this new account only to message you with this issue. Please help!

Best,

Chris

My colleague cannot log in to her account through google sign-in.

When I choose to login with email, I'm required to login with Google, and when I successfully login to Google the button goes grey & loads for a moment, then resets to green, and never logs me in. If I try to log in with Google directly, I receive an error message that says my account doesn't have Google login enabled. Please help! 

I am having the same issue. When I try to log in I am receiving a google error message that I have not given access to my google account to sign me in. I have had to make a NEW login in order to post here for help. I have disabled the google feature and still can't get in. I have an ongoing project that I need to monitor and am unable to do so as i can't get into my account. Can someone PLEASE contact me to resolve this. 

Everytime I try to login I am told that I have not given google permission to login yet there is no other option for how to login to my account. I have disabled google login but I am still given the same prompts. I have had to create a new account in order to post on this help page. I have an ongoing project and need to get back to it. PLEASE contact me. 

Hi Amanda,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with? You should be able to send private messages as soon as you become an Active Member.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
61fcef92
Community Member

I have sent a private message, please let me know if you didn't get it.

8fd10acc
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I'm having a similar problem that I need help with. I made this account strictly to message someone from your team. Can someone please reach out to me as I can't login to my original profile where I have real things being worked on.

Best,
Chris

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
8fd10acc
Community Member

Hi there,

The email you sent doesn't allow me to message you, it says that I don't
have sufficient privileges for the resource to perform the action. Please
advise.

Best,
Chris

Hi Chris,

I have sent you a PM to request for more information. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
50f8a0d0
Community Member

Hi, 

Im having the same problem.

Can anyone assist?

Hi Milan,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
86b224ad
Community Member

One of my colleagues **Edited for Community Guidelines** is also encountering an identical issue. 

Hi Clarludum,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to them directly via email in order to assist further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
1f1ebde5
Community Member

I cannot log into my account without it redirecting me to log in with a google account. I can't access the preferences section to access this.

can you please send me a PM to help me get back into my original account?

Hi Jodie,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm unable to login to upwork because it says I'm using Google sign in and it won let me sign in to change the option.
I'm requesting with a friend's account

Hi James,

Could you please send me a PM with the details of your account so I can check? Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

yes indeed, it  is some security that google has introduced. you just simply need to go to Settings > Connected Services > disconnect your Google account and try to log in with your email and password only this should work.

Thank you Siddhant, issue has been resolved. Thank you

alimtec
Community Member

I am having the same problem #

This email address uses Google Sign-In.

is there a solution to that?

Hi Alim,

I can see you were recently able to log in to your account. Can you please clarify your concern?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
khannor
Community Member

Hi,

I'm also having this kind of problem. I already tried disabling the authorization of upwork on my gmail but the problem still persist. I'm stuck on "Continue with google sign-in" page.

Hi Rodel,

I checked your account and it seems like you were able to sign in already. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues accessing your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
khannor
Community Member

This is an old account I'm not using. I already have been warned about having multiple account on upwork and I'm told that this account will be disabled. I just needed to post about my problem and for some reason I can still use this one. I've been using my main acc for over a year and it's a first to encounter this problem. I have tried disconnecting upwork from connected services on my gmail but it's still the same. Do you have any solution for this? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths