🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: i need change name
Page options
rabbi_05
Community Member

i need change name

Hello, I am new upworker i was not understand upwork rules but now i am full understand upwork rules so i need change name so please give order for change name.

8 REPLIES 8
valentina1337
Community Member

Hey Md,

Please follow these steps:

1. In the upper-right corner of the UpWork dashboard you will see your name

2. Click on it and go to Settings

3. On the Settings page you will see "Contact Info" 

4. When you open "Contact Info" the first thing you will see is "Account" and next to it "Edit"
5. Click on "Edit" and there you will be able to change your first and last name.

I hope this helped! 🙂

JoanneP

Hi Md Rabbi,

Valentina is correct. In addition, you may be required to verify your identity. Our team will notify you when you are requested to complete this step. You can read more on this article about changing your name.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

@Md Rabbi H wrote:

Hello, I am new upworker i was not understand upwork rules but now i am full understand upwork rules so i need change name so please give order for change name.

Upwork rules also require that all the work in your portfolio is your own, and not someone else's. And your languatge is most certainly not "Native/Bilingual".

He is out.
The entire portfolio was false!
I even recognized some of the items, from another portal dedicated to creating logos.
And the T-shirt designs are already famous for the times they are used in portfolios 😞

@Maria T wrote:

He is out.
The entire portfolio was false!
I even recognized some of the items, from another portal dedicated to creating logos.
And the T-shirt designs are already famous for the times they are used in portfolios 😞

Good riddance. His whole portfolio was stolen. I wish Upwork would do at least one reverse image search on newbies claiming to be designers, along with whatever else they do to screen profiles.

It is always so obvious when a portfolio is filled with items the person just helped themselves to from the many sources now available online.

You're right.
But that work, they leave it to us! Robot wink

@Maria T wrote:

You're right.
But that work, they leave it to us! Robot wink

I used to do a lot more of that "work". I've stopped because it's Upwork's job, not mine. We see the end result of accepting anybody and everybody when reading nightmare client stories. Clients who end up with a bad impression of Upwork freelancers and never come back.

rverang
Community Member

I hope this is just a case of simple name variation and not an account transfer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths