🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: i need to remove my image/ selfie
Page options
yaniv_lev
Community Member

i need to remove my image/ selfie

hello;
i am still on the registration process, and i am asking to remove the image i have uploaded / selfie..

at this place:

"

Tell us more about you

Please upload a professional portrait that clearly shows your face 
 "
i can't find a way to remove the image,
for the moment i don't wanna have any image.

regards
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Obviously, on closing the account, your image will be deleted as profile doesn't exist.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
muhamd_asim
Community Member

Upwork always ask the user's to upload the clear image on which the bot can easily focus. So better to upload a clear image, otherwise, it won't work.

I have the same issue at the time of registration.

what if i close the account?

this umage have to be removed..

Obviously, on closing the account, your image will be deleted as profile doesn't exist.

Hello, 

so as I understand it, the only way to remove the image is to close the account, right?

Thanks

GM

re: "so as I understand it, the only way to remove the image is to close the account, right?"

You can replace your current photo with a different acceptable photo.

Hi Yaniv, 

Let Someone from UW answers & resolves this for you. 

Just keep in mind that if you Delete your profile you may not be able to create a profile again. 

Good Luck!

Oh why?

I also have an issue and I was considering deleting my profile and make a new one to resolve it.

Hi Mina,

I sent you a PM. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Check a blog called Freelance to win. It has some amazing advice

mtngigi
Community Member

Yaniv L wrote:

hello;
i am still on the registration process, and i am asking to remove the image i have uploaded / selfie..

at this place:

"

Tell us more about you

Please upload a professional portrait that clearly shows your face 
 "
i can't find a way to remove the image,
for the moment i don't wanna have any image.

regards

If you want to have a freelance account on Upwork, then you are required to use a photo of yourself. It doesn't matter if you want to or not. It's a requirement.

beibora
Community Member

Please, answear me why I've recieve a message from an active account without profil picture if it's a requirement as you said.

re: "Please, answear me why I've recieve a message from an active account without profil picture if it's a requirement as you said."

What kind of message did you receive?
From who?

Upwork freelancers are required to have profile photos.

Not everybody who uses Upwork is a freelancer. Many Upwork users are not required to have profile photos.

Is it possible for there to be an active freelancer without a profile photo?
Yes, for historical and technical reasons that may be possible. But Upwork has algorithms which actively check freelancer profiles. And if a freelancer account is found without a profile photo, its access to the Upwork system will be limited or blocked until the photo is in place.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths