🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: im a newbie!
Page options
brown-mia
Community Member

im a newbie!

how do you get people to notice you!??? 

10 REPLIES 10
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Mia,

Welcome to Upwork! Please click these links to help you with your concern: 

Enhance your profile

Tips to boost your success

Submitting a winning proposal

Untitled
katrinabeaver
Community Member

My advice. Never use your overview to talk about your life. I'm a mother too. I am a mother of six, but clients literally don't care. They bottomline want to know your skills and how you can help them complete their projects, not your domestic status. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Thank you
craiggabriel
Community Member

I'd recommend proofreading your profile carefully. There are many, many errors. You don't want to give potential clients the impression that you're anything other than fully literate and attentive to detail.

Thank you

I'm scared to work on here because I don't know of any idea to work
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jayues, 

You may want to check out these freelancer resources to help you get started, and for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform.

Please also check these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
r_skane
Community Member

The advice given by both should be heeded ASAP. Remove the personal information in your profile description. No client wants to know about your current living situation and you getting pregnant. Just put in the facts: your skills, your past employment, your qualifications, the hardware/software you currently utilize. Second - make sure your profile is clear of typographical errors. Currently, your profile is full of them. Many clients will likely pass you over just for the typos because it could be indicative of poor attention to detail. Fix those two issues and you'll make some headway! Good luck.

re: "No client wants to know about your current living situation and..."

Some clients may find such information interesting, as they could use it as a way to filter out people who are not serious professionals.

On Upwork, none of the successful freelancers have profiles that read like Facebook profile pages.

Here's one typo you should fix:

instead of "Resign in Fort Worth Texas."

it should read "Reside in Fort Worth Texas."

Learning Paths