cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

injustice

Natalija Z Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
1 of 18

Hi everyone, I am new to Upwork, I recently did my first "pay by the hour"contract so I didn't know I have to use the time trackerSmiley Sad

I sent my work to the client, she was very pleased with it and than she did not pay...Now she is gone with my work and I didn't use the working diary.

Does anybody know what can I do in this situation? I have screenshots of our messages as proof Smiley Sad I don't know who to complain, the Upwork sent me a messege that I had low activity on my working diary, which is true, cause I didn't use it as I was supposed to, but how can i explain that to them.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 18

Natalija Z wrote:

Hi everyone, I am new to Upwork, I recently did my first "pay by the hour"contract so I didn't know I have to use the time trackerSmiley Sad

Next time you'll know.

This time was an expensive lesson.

3 of 18

But isn't there a way someone from the Upwork custom servise can go through the messages? ohhh this is so unfair 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 18

Natalija Z wrote:

But isn't there a way someone from the Upwork custom servise can go through the messages?

no

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 18

Natalija:

Don't be so hard on yourself.
You made a mistake.

People make mistakes.

You learn from your mistakes, and you move on.

6 of 18
Smiley Sad thank you Preston,that means a lot.
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
BEST ANSWER
7 of 18

Natalija Z wrote:
Smiley Sad thank you Preston,that means a lot.

Natalija,

I strongly suggest you learn about how Upwork operates before  applying for any more jobs. Have a look here and read all the the links in this thread and all the help pages. https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/td-p/264214

That said, as you were not paid for the work you have done, you can contact the client and tell them that unless you are paid, your work still belongs completely to you. So you can use it as a portfolio piece or sell it to someone else. If you see it on the internet or as an actual project, you can take steps to have it removed. 

8 of 18
Good point,thank you for your advise. I was so excited to finally get the job on Upwork I didn't pay attantaion to the billing method, only to get the work done on time and good. What a mistake..I will deffinitely pay attantion more on the money in the future.
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
9 of 18

Natalija Z wrote:
Good point,thank you for your advise. I was so excited to finally get the job on Upwork I didn't pay attantaion to the billing method, only to get the work done on time and good. What a mistake..I will deffinitely pay attantion more on the money in the future.

It is a beginner's mistake. Excitement beats rational thinking. Next time you will be more careful and look out for more things, such as never accepting an offer before you have the file(s or whatever) you need to start working, because that will be bad for your rating in the long run.

10 of 18

Deffinitely:/ Thank you Martina.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS